DOMAT is a not-for-profit architecture practice...
We work with communities and people who do not normally have access to architects. We believe that everybody is entitled to a good living environment, and that good design should be available at all levels of society. Through the processes of research, design and implementation, we engage with local people in order to understand the communities involved. DOMAT is based in Hong Kong, providing architectural services to villages and cities throughout China.
Product and Service
- Understand and design for daily activities by researching local conditions.
- Check cost estimations and drawings from local design institute to make sure design is to standard and in reasonable cost.
- Monitor the construction process, including cost variations, minimizing delays and keeping donors updated on the project.
- Frequent site visits to ensure good construction quality and progress.
- Collaborate with different parties involved in the construction process to set up better professional standards and team spirit.
- Build up good relations to with clients, charities, government and locals to enable a successful project.
- Form local partnerships to ensure long-term commitment and sustainability of projects.
- Sustainable design: recycle and reuse of materials and care about environmental impact of the project.
- Cultural awareness: incorporate traditional wisdom with new ideas to make the locals value their own culture.
- Work with charities and organizations to incorporate 'software' programs to enable follow-up of project.