Listing in SE Directory is free! SEBC accepts SEs’ application to be listed on a rolling basis. Please check listing criteria and document checklist in the below. We look forward to receiving your application at email@example.com.
Listing Application on SE Directory
- Application Form (PDF file)
- Application Form (Word file)
- Declaration Statement (PDF file)
- Declaration Statement (Word file)
SE Directory listing criteria
- The applicant shall be registered under the laws of the HKSAR, and have a business that has been in operation for one year or longer
- The applicant should serve one or more social objectives
- If the applicant is not granted tax exemption under section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance, it should fulfill the below criteria, and will be required to sign on the Declaration Statement to declare that during the business's past two years of operation -
- No less than 50% of its annual income was generated from direct sales
- Only 35% or less of its profit was distributed to its shareholders
- The business's assets purchased or possessed was not transferred to other companies or individuals.
Document checklist (if applicable)
- Certification of tax exemption under section 88 of the Inland Revenue Ordinance
- Proven documents of the registration under Society Ordinance, Co-operative Society Ordinance and The Companies Ordinance
- Memorandum of Association
- The latest independent audit report
The project on Social Enterprise Directory is sponsored by the Home Affairs Department and The Hongkong Bank Foundation.
For more infomation about SE Directory, please visit https://socialenterprise.org.hk/en/sedb
For SEs already listed that want to update your information in the Directory, please complete and submit the information update form to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- "SE Directory" Information Update Form (PDF file)
- "SE Directory" Information Update Form (Word file)
3. SE Good Start - "A Practical Guide of Setting up a social enterprise" and "Choosing a Legal Form and Recommended Practices"
HKCSS has published SE Good Start - "A Practical Guide of Setting up a social enterprise" and "Choosing a Legal Form and Recommended Practices" to provide practical information to aspiring social entrepreneurs. If you are interested in setting up social enterprise, you are welcomed to read these booklets.
- A Practical Guide of Setting up A Social Enterprise | Download text version (For PoD)
- Choosing a Legal Form and Recommended Pracitces | Download text version (For PoD)
- SE Good Start Leaflet | Download text version (For PoD)
For more information about SE Setup Guide, please visit: https://socialenterprise.org.hk/en/content/se-setup-guide
This brochure details the “one-stop support” services SEBC offers to social enterprises and social innovation projects: Invest, Incubate, Inspire, Influence and Innovate. It also lists the milestones of the Centre since its establishment in 2006.
Social Enterprise Business Centre (SEBC) compiles and publishes the Social Enterprise Directory (SE Directory) every year since 2007. To this date, over 10,000 booklets have been issued. You may download the 2018 version in PDF format by clicking the below image.
HKCSS became an Intermediary of the Social Innovation and Entrepreneurship Development Fund (SIE Fund) and launched Impact Incubator, a one-stop supporting platform that supports and incubates social entrepreneurship and innovation in various stages, from prototype, start-up to scale-up.
“Forces of Social Innovation” is a summary of Impact Incubator and its grantee projects, detailing the logic models of the projects and how they bring about positive social impact to the society.
In 2012, SEBC conducted a study on the landscape of social enterprise in Hong Kong and published a report “Power of Good: Hong Kong Social Enterprise Landscape Study”. The study covers mode of organization, social value, business nature and capital sources, financial performance, as well as the needs of social enterprise.